Nerdy, Yet Smooth
It was one year ago today that I started up Geordi Calrissian. And it has been great to have a place to share my thoughts and ideas about nerd life for a 30 something Black man in America. I have no clue as to how many people regularly read this blog. But, if you find your way here, I hope you truly enjoy it!
Here are some stats to go with that first post:
- Total views: 5600+
- Total posts: 147
- Most hits in one day: 91 on 09/23/2009
- Most popular post: New Star Wars MMO Trailer – 212 views
- Number of books reviewed: 33
- Search terms that lead here: lagos nigeria – 556 views (still don’t get this one)
- Top referrer: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/black-googlers-network-building.html
So happy birthday GC! And here is to many more.
As you can tell from the name of this site, I’m a big fan of Levar Burton. A month or so ago, he and his business partner Mark Wolfe launched a logo design contest over on Worth1000’s Logo Contest page. Well, they have selected a winner!
This is a great image and hits on all of the points the duo laid out as requirements. I’d heard both good and bad things about logo contests. If I ever started a company, I would probably go the same route. But having a famous name to associate with it probably helps to bring out the pro designers.